Friday, July 9, 2010

Dressing for the seasons


It's winter here. While autumn seemed (and felt) to be milder than previous years, suddenly winter is beginning to feel like an early freeze!

Perhaps it's growing older, but the old bones seem to notice it more, and the creaking becomes more evident and painful.

It's strange how often you'll be speaking with older women, and they will admit to "reverting to past behaviours". Not that they are suggesting they were "naughty", but their admission revolves around favourite food and favourite ways of wearing their clothes.

I love long skirts that float around my hips and ankles. They make me feel like a woman. Worn with boots and brightly coloured tops and jackets and lots of beads and/or chunky jewellery, I'm more satisfied than trying to meet the latest fashion trends. The funny thing is that I never was a "hippy" or "flower child". I just find these clothes very much to my liking, comfortable and nice. I'm certainly not trying to be "mutton done up like lamb" - this is me.

And just because I have white hair, and am somewhat more wrinkly than the sweet young things that have taken to wearing this type of clothing, doesn't take away the fact that this is my choice, and let's face it, we have a right to make choices that suit us!

.....© Stella M, Victoria, Australia


No comments:

Post a Comment